Language is not merely words and grammatical structures. It is how humans connect with each other and the world around them. Language with the Five Senses is a zero translation, Comprehensible Input method that helps us tap into our senses to learn language the way our brains are wired for second language acquisition.
This training includes:
- In-depth explanations and overviews of the method
- Sample activities for each part of the method
- Videos of activities presented that come from coaching sessions, live classes with students, and previous trainings.
Participants who complete this training will receive 10 clock hours as well as official certification in the method.
Elizabeth Porter, NBCT, M.Ed
Elizabeth is a National Board Certified French teacher (EAYA/WLOE) with a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education and a Bachelor’s in French and Linguistics. Elizabeth also holds a French Degree in called a DEUG Français Langue Étrangère (FLE) from the Université de Caen in Normandy, France.
Elizabeth began her career teaching elementary and middle school English in Normandy France, then returned to the United States in 2002 where she taught for three years at the French Immersion School of Washington. Elizabeth then taught high school French and was the World Languages Curriculum Specialist in Central Kitsap School District. She opened Bon Voyage World Languages Academy in 2016. Elizabeth also travels extensively with students and offers multiple travel programs at Bon Voyage.
Elizabeth is the author of Pathways to Language Fluency: Changing How We Think About Language in the United States, which is an explanation of her unique method- Language with the Five Senses and her journey to create the method. She writes curriculum that aligns with her method for teachers and is currently working on a book about travel with students and Global Citizenship Education.
Elizabeth is the host of the podcast The Bon Voyage Language Experience, highlighting the Langauge with the Five Senses Method.
Elizabeth is a dynamic teacher who is passionate about language, how the brain naturally acquires language, and language advocacy
- "I loved the video related to music and the activities shared during this course"
- "I enjoyed the course and I’m grateful and delighted because of the materials shared during this course"
- "The course is interesting and I love videos dedicated to vocabularies and music."